Thursday, November 4, 2010

IDAHO? REALLY?

For those of you who have not heard, I made a last-minute decision to move to Boise, Idaho. It's been quite the adventure thus far.

To begin, here are 10 facts/things to know about Boise:
1. They are big on football here.
2. Boise is the "City of Trees." :)
3. There are more "out-doorsy people" here, despite lack of mountains.
4. In contrast to Utah, there is a coffee shop on every corner.
5. My Mormon-radar does not exist anymore.
6. Many dreads and tattoos.
7. I've never been so excited about riding my bike.
8. 5 minute bike-ride to Urban Outfitters.
9. Boise is in "Treasure Valley." (Don't let the idea of Idaho fool you.)
10. It's is a small town trying to be big.

I moved here on August 15th and moved in with Tara and Jana (some girls I worked with @ Perkins). We found a cute house nestled in an adorable neighborhood on the east-end of Boise. The trees are tall & the houses are old. Most of Boise is flat, so it's extremely bike-friendly. There is a walkway along the river called the Greenbelt. It runs by my house and right through campus. Being the City of Trees, Boise looks BEAUTIFUL in the Fall. There's nothing better than riding my bike through the orange and yellow leaves :)



I am currently going to BSU, gaining Idaho residency, and working alot of hours at Pottery Barn. I miss going to school full-time, but I'm keeping myself very busy at work. I go to the gym religiously and thoroughy enjoy it. (Minus scary-man, who legitimately creeps me out.) I love the school pride going on here. It's alot different from Weber State, that's for darn sure. Game days here are intense! Blue and Orange everywhere! Man, Boise State kicks ass... but apparently their graduation rate isn't the greatest. Ha..?

My social life has been interesting. I went from knowing everyone, to only knowing 2 people. Being a part-time transfer student makes it really difficult to meet people. The first month of beinbg here absolutely sucked. It wasn't until I visited home that I realized how much I liked Boise. There are alot of wonderful people up here, it's just taking time to find my nitch.
This past week has been really good for me. I went to a house show where there were a bunch of people crammed into a small house and a folk band from Reno ( Buster Blue, look em up) played wonderful music. I met some really sweet people there that night. I feel like I've known them forever! So for Halloween, Rachel drove up, and we all wore mom jeans and creeped downtown Boise for hours on end. It was excellent.
Anyhow... I'm now a 21-year old brunnette, flyin solo in a new, exciting place. I miss my momma, my cat, my best friends @ home, and Utah mountains. Peace out, you'll hear from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment