Thursday, November 11, 2010

"I was thinking, OVER-thinking..." -Relient K

Sittin' in my living room by the heater. Wearin' some comfortable sweats... and my glasses. Tara said I looked "studious." Which, knowing me, is kind of funny.

It's been a good week, besides being so COLD! I hit up a ski/board swap & got hooked up! I now have a new coat and board, bought for a very decent price. Now, I may hate the cold, but I'm ready for some snow this winter! I hear it's going to be a record-breaking snow fall this season. Bring it on Mother nature! I'm ready for ya!

God has blessed me a lot here in Boise. It's taken some getting used to, but after a few months, I am finally comfortable where I'm at. I've been hanging out with a solid group of people. SUCH a blessing to have in this new town. Every Thursday, I get dollar tacos with Dani (A friend that went to Weber with me) and it's one of my favorite things to do! I've also been going to a lot of shows lately. There is sweet talent in Boise! And not to mention, cool bars! It's nice being 21.... :)

Today I went to Nampa (about 30 minutes from Boise) with my dear friend, Shailey. We looked around some sweet boutiques and little shops. Then we sat in the Flying M, which is probably THE most amazing coffee shop ever. We each had a cup of joe and and a snack, and talked about life for a while. I think I pondered a little too much today, but I'm thinking it's a good thing....

Now that I'm in my 3rd year of college, it's time to buckle down on a major and go straight for the goal. Unfortunately, I STILL don't know what to do with my life. When people ask, "What's your passion?" I say things like God, people, friends, art, music, camp... bla bla bla. I'm jealous of my friends that have a carreer in mind, and are going for it! I wish I knew....
But I do have an idea, that I've actually thought about alot over this past year.
I've always wanted to open up my own coffee shop. I would love owning my own business (despite all the hard work that goes into it), interacting with different people all day, incorporating my art, going at my own pace, and enjoying a job! It might sound a little dumb; my family think so. But I figure, why not shoot for it? If it doesn't work out, so be it. I need to pray about it.

I'm thinking a long run in the morning... I just love how pretty it is in the Fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment