Thursday, October 6, 2011

Smells Like Fall!

Well, it looks like I haven’t updated this blog since November of 2010. It’s almost been a year! Whoops.

It has been quite the interesting year. There have been a lot of changes and adventures in my life. Since I moved to Boise in August 2010, I have come to find that I truly do enjoy it here. There were moments last year when I wanted to quit and move back to Utah, but God has shown me in SO many ways that this is where I’m supposed to be- at least for a while.

I no longer work at Potter Barn. That job ended last March when I was blessed with a new job! I now work full-time at a preschool/child care center as the 2-3 year old teacher! It’s a lot of diaper changing and frustrations, but I love these little kiddos. I have a new class of kids this Fall and they are quite the rowdy bunch. Sometimes I get ridiculous headaches and want to quit, but all that changes once one of the little boogers hug me. I love ‘em.

This last summer, I did the Ridges program up at Camp Perkins. (Backpacking in the Sawtooth and White Cloud Mountains with different groups of Jr. High youth) It had been a job that I’ve always dreamed of having. It was definitely an interesting decision-making process leading up to the summer, but doors opened and I took the opportunity! It was a wonderful summer. I had the coolest job in the world!

Here are some favorite pictures/moments from my summer ;)













It was awesome! Now I am back in Boise, working and going to school full time at Boise State. It’s been really stressful and tiring, but God is merciful and things have been going really well despite the chaos. I hope to update this more and more... We’ll see how that goes- hopefully better than last time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment