Thursday, October 20, 2011

Youuu Betcha!

Dear Thursday, October 20th... I hate you.

Today was picture day at the pre-school!!!! Yipee!
Do I even bother continue?
There’s nothing worse than a bunch of whining children, pooping their pants, trying to take pictures with a CREEPY photographer.

To start my day, I woke up at 7:32. Now the funny thing about this is that I have to be at work at 7:30... After I realized that I was going to be very late, I took a gander into the mirror of death, and there it was... the biggest volcano my pores have seen since 11th grade. Suddenly I had awful flashbacks of picture days in high school. Really complexion? Couldn’t you wait to screw me over tomorrow?
Now you’re probably wondering, “Blaire, why would you be getting your picture taken? You’re not in preschool.” Well, that’s what I said. In the preschool office, there is a nice wall with large frames of each teacher hanging for everyone to see. Plus, I get a free packet of my portraits. Bah-ha, can’t wait to throw those away...

Today during nap time, I played around with my photo programs... here’s one, the only one that wanted to upload!


Anyway... more importantly, I WENT TO MINNESOTA!
Finally, I got to experience a slight taste of the midwest. I might have hated the fact that there were no mountains or hills, but overall, I loved it!

Friday, I flew out of Boise at 6am and had a 5-hour layover in Denver. Thankfully, Danika was able to meet me at the airport! We were able to catch up and have some good laughs. I miss her so much. I wish she still lived in B-town!

When I finally got into Minneapolis, Kristin picked me up and we headed straight for her bachelorette party! It was at one of her friend’s house and it was so much fun! All the ladies were super great and fun to hang out with. I got Kristin a cute apron from Anthropologie, an I heart Idaho sticker, and wrote a sappy card.

That night, I slept at Angie’s house. They call it the Burrow because it somewhat resembles the Weasley’s house! It was SO cute. It had, like, seven freakin’ floors, all of which were super cute. I love old houses
On Saturday, Angie and her roommate took me to Uptown Minneapolis, where I met up with Joey/Twist! It was so much fun to see her! We did a little shopping, ate some lunch at a yummy place similar to Flatbread, and took some pictures.

As for the wedding... It was BEAUTIFUL! Kristin was the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen and did such a good job decorating. The wedding ended up being inside, since it was SO windy outside. I had met Austin the night before to practice the ukulele and we were ready to rock it! Unfortunately, some kiddos got a hold of Austin’s ukulele, so it was TOTALLY out of tune when we started playing at the ceremony. As miserable as it was, it still sounded okay and it was a lot of fun.


We ended the weekend with “Blaire’s Minnesota Experience.” I went to Trader Joe’s for the first time, touched the Mississippi River, played butt shards, and hung out with some pretty awesome people.







I hope that I can see Minnesota again! I loved it!
On the other hand, it’s nice to be back in Boise. I just have to convince all those lovely midwesterners to migrate to west! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment