Saturday, November 14, 2009

Falling in the Fall

It's November of 2009, there are 30 days left until the end of the semester, and I'm about ready to die. It seems as if everything is getting more and more stressful as the semester goes on. School, work, home, relationships, Intervarsity, and my walk with God.... poopy.
I know there is still hope, and I know I'll get through it, but as of right now.... it SUCKS.

Thankfully, I've been able to listen to God this past week. I had the opportunity to spend a weekend up at Camp Perkins. I love this place because no matter what state I'm in, God always reveals himself to me when I'm there. It's placed on a beautiful lake in the gorgeous Sawtooth Mountains. When I was there this past week, it had just started to snow, there were hardly any people on site, and it felt incredible to just get away from home. Being surrounded by God's breathtaking creation really allowed me to reconnect with God again. I then came to realization why this semester has been so rough. I had put God in the closet again. Man, if I had gone to Him sooner, this semester would be a piece of cake. Goes to show how little I can do on my own.

This past Thursday, I attended Large Group with Intervarsity where we have a worship service with a message. The pastor at my church was supposed to be speaking, but he double-booked. So we had a last minute speaker come, named Kellen-something. I know God sent him that night for a reason. God spoke through him in amazing ways and touched each of our hearts. He talked about what it is we really need. And I hear this message alot, but for some reason, the way he told it really felt like a slap in the face. We as humans feel like we need Earthly things, whether we want to admit it or not. Whether it's to be accepted, be liked by some guy/girl, have some extra spending money, to be skinny, to be better, to be known, to have that car, to have that house.... sex & money.


britney Pictures, Images and Photos


As Kellen would say, Look at Britney Spears! Look at Owen Wilson. They have ALL OF THAT. EVERYTHING. But look at them, they're not happy. They're either shaving their heads, going crazy, slitting their wrists, or taking pills galore. I know it's funny to think about, but it's so true. All they need is Jesus. I feel like a hypocrite saying this, because I do want other things, I often feel like more money would make me happier, or being accepted is all I need.... really Blaire, really?

Nothing compares. Nothing.

Stupid satan... get outa here.

No comments:

Post a Comment